PEKIN AREA chamber of commerce
The Chamber is blessed with hundreds of volunteers who serve on our committees and work at our events. Our success would not be possible without their countless hours of effort. If you would like to get involved and have fun by serving on a committee, please contact the chamber office or any of the committee chairs.
In addition to the Board of Directors, the volunteers are organized into committees that work on the different strategies under each of the three goals in our Strategic Plan. Below are links to all the committees, including their membership, goals, activities, meeting schedules, etc.
1. Promote a pro-business agenda
- Business Advocacy Committee
- Transportation Committee
2. Promote economic development in Pekin and the region
3. Provide members with benefits and services that meet their needs
All Chamber committees adhere to the following ground rules:
- No individual or committee can obligate the Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce (or any of its committees) financially, contractually, or in any other way. The Board of Directors is the only group with the authority to obligate the Chamber.
- The Chamber's fiscal year is from April 1 to March 31. No committee can carry funds over from year to year. Each committee starts the fiscal year with zero funds.
- Acknowledging the Chamber's desire to develop future leaders for the Chamber and the community, each committee will encourage leadership development through committee chairmanship, the development of a chair succession plan, and the development of written work plans.
- With the exception of the Marigold Festival Committee, all committee members and committee leaders are appointed on an annual basis by the Chamber President and approved by the Board of Directors. The President will consider and value membership and leadership recommendations submitted by the committee.
- Acknowledging that one of the benefits of Chamber membership is networking, committee leaders will provide and encourage networking opportunities for their committee members during events, projects, and meetings.