PEKIN AREA chamber of commerce
R. David Tebben
Community Leadership Academy
Alumni | Committee | 2019 Schedule |
The Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce announces the 21st annual R. David Tebben Community Leadership Academy for future leaders in the Pekin Area. The mission of the Academy is “To identify, inform and educate existing and emerging leaders of the local community, and to motivate them toward leadership responsibilities by exposing them to the realities, opportunities and challenges of the local community.” Features of this year’s Academy include:
· Thought-provoking discussions led by Pekin leaders
· Informative field trip and tours
· Networking opportunities
Here's why employers keep sending their employees...
The leadership academy has been a very positive experience for our family and staff. Not only have the classes and tours provided an interesting behind the scenes look at the major businesses and community organizations in Pekin, but our leadership academy involvement has been a catalyst to involving our staff in community projects and concerns. With many new friendships made along the way, it’s a win/win for both the employee and the employer.
D. Neale “Buster” Hanley—Director Preston Hanley-Funeral Homes & Crematory, LLC
- “I was actually reluctant to participate in Leadership Academy because my plate was rather full. To my surprise, it benefited me greatly from day one!”
- “I’ve gained a stronger respect for the work each business contributes to the city of Pekin and the people who strive to see the community grow.”
- “Networking. Team Building. Leadership Platforms. Focus on Pekin. My reluctance in attending another class turned into excitement and action. And the payback is much greater than the investment!”
- “I would highly recommend this program to anyone who wants to further understand our community and its issues and challenges and the important role of leadership and participation to the continued well-being of the community.”
- “I can’t even express to you how much I enjoyed this program! I was very hesitant about it at first and just kept thinking “What did I get myself into?” Well, I’ll tell you what I got myself into… new friends, a deeper sense of community, a better understanding of the politics and how the city works!
The Academy will be held for 10 weeks, usually on Tuesday
& Thursday mornings from 8 am til 10 am and runs January 15th through March 21st.
Academy registration fee is $400 ($300 for chamber members).
Call the Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce, 346-2106 for an application.
Enrollment is limited to 24 participants.