Chamber Checks are here!
The Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce the Chamber Checks Program! Chamber Checks function like community-wide gift certificates. By giving Chamber Checks to employees, clients, friends and family, you give them access to fabulous goods and services from within our community. More elegant than cash, and more flexible than a gift certificate, Chamber Checks encourage consumers to Shop Local.
WHAT ARE CHAMBER CHECKS?
Chamber Checks are checks, purchased through the Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce, that are redeemable at participating Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce member businesses. Chamber Checks look like a check, but spend like cash! They are designed with the intent of keeping dollars in our community.
HOW DO I PURCHASE CHAMBER CHECKS?
Chamber Checks can be purchased via the link below, in person at the Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce, or by phone at (309) 346-2106. We accept cash, check, or credit card payments. Chamber Checks come in $10.00, $25.00 and $50.00 increments, and there is no processing fee to purchase. We encourage you to call ahead if you have a large quantity as each check is “printed-to-order.”
HOW DO I USE A CHAMBER CHECK?
Chamber Checks are accepted at any participating Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce member business and spend like cash. See a list of participating members below.
- Chamber Checks are valid for 12 months from issue date
- Chamber Checks cannot be re-issued past expiration
- The Chamber is not responsible for lost or stolen Chamber Checks
HOW DOES A MERCHANT ACCEPT CHAMBER CHECKS AS PAYMENT?
Chamber Checks looks like a check, but should be accepted like cash at your business. The checks are actual bank checks drawn locally through Pekin First Savings Bank.
- CHECK THE EXPIRATION DATE (if the check is expired, it should not be accepted; the Chamber is not responsible to re-issue or replace a check to a business if it was accepted when expired)
- The merchant deposits the check as cash for the full face value of the check
To join the Chamber Checks Program, click the link below.
HOW DO CHAMBER CHECKS BENEFIT CHAMBER MEMBERS AND THE COMMUNITY?
Chamber Checks benefit the community by encouraging consumers to Shop Local with the intent of keeping more dollars in the Pekin community. Keeping money in our local economy encourages businesses to expand and develop, creates jobs, and fosters community pride.
Check out our growing list of Pekin Area Businesses accepting Chamber Checks!
Restaurants & Bars
- Ashers Bar & Grill
- The Bunker Indoor Golf Lounge
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Coffee Connection
- Jimbo’s Jumbos
- Kouri’s Pub
- Leaves n’ Beans Pekin
- Maquet’s Rail House
- Sunset Hills Eatery (Formerly Mashie’s)
- Papa Murphy’s
- Rhythm and Brews
- Tadough’s, Serving Spudnut Donuts
- Taste of TCRC
- Whiskey Taco
- Yesterday’s Bar and Grill
Shopping & Specialty Retail
- Beck’s Convenience Store
- Bond Eye Associates
- Five B’s Liquidation and Crafts
- Greenhouse Flower Shoppe
- Hamm’s Furniture
- Leo’s Art Studio
- The League- Pekin Hospital
- Maddie Mae’s
- Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce
- Rustic Roots
- Steger’s Furniture
- Touch of Glass by Jody Yerly
- T-Shirt House
Lodging & Travel
- Hampton Inn & Suites
Sports & Recreation
- Boating on the Lagoon
- DragonLand Water Park
- Lick Creek Golf Course
- Magic Dragon Mini-Golf
- Miller Center
- Parkside Fitness
- Parkview Golf Course
- Recreation Department at the Veterans Memorial Arena
- YWCA Pekin